Were you injured in a car accident?
You need treatment today and that is what we, at Symmetry Chiropractic can do for you. All you need to bring with you on your first visit is the accident report and your car insurance information. We can start treating you right away. Even if you do not have any health insurance, you can still come in for treatment. You are suffering from pain and the last thing you need to do is worry about how to get help. Leave the paperwork up to us. We have been helping auto accident patients in Tampa for years.
What you need to know about Auto Accident Injuries
All car accidents are different. The angle at which one vehicle hits another object / vehicle, the type of vehicle involved, the age of the person(s) in each vehicle (if there is more than one vehicle involved), the use of seatbelts, the time of day and weather conditions at the time of the accident, and other variables all play a role in the injuries that affect each occupant of each vehicle.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the rate of auto accident injuries has been on the decline in recent years, yet while that statement sounds nice, on average, almost 3 million people were in auto accidents last year, and approximately 4300 of those are fatal accidents. A vehicle accident is not just defined as two cars hitting one another. There are many types of auto accidents, such as: vehicle on vehicle (car, truck, SUV, motorcycle, etc), vehicle on stationary object (tree, pole, fence, building, median, etc), vehicle on pedestrian, etc.
An injury stemming from one of these auto accidents can be classified as a major injury or a minor one. In some cases there are no injuries whatsoever. So what’s the difference between the major and minor auto accident injuries? Regardless of how bad the injury may be, the people involved should consult a chiropractic physician immediately because the injury may not present itself for days or even weeks after an accident occurs. A chiropractic physician can then prescribe or schedule treatments.
Think about your accident and ask yourself the following questions:
Did a car accident cause:
- Neck pain
- Back pain
- Numbness in arms or legs?
If you answered yes to any of the above, please see below on “why” you need to also get a personal injury attorney as soon as possible….
5 reasons to get an auto accident lawyer after car crashes
Getting into car cashes can be expensive and unnerving. Many people are inclined to simply turn in their claims to their insurance companies following car crashes and move on with their lives.
But many times, it’s in the best interests of those involved in car crashes to seek out the services of a lawyer who is very experienced in auto accident claims.
Here are five reasons those involved in car crashes should consider retaining an auto accident lawyer:
- Injuries sustained in car crashes may not manifest themselves until later. Many people feel fine immediately following an accident, and vehicles may look fine after car crashes, but it’s always better to cover potential losses upfront by retaining an auto accident lawyer. It may take days, weeks or even months for some people to experience pain, such as whiplash, headaches or back pain that may result in expensive, long-term treatment following car crashes.
- An auto accident lawyer is experienced in assessing claims following car crashes.Once you’ve shared the facts, an auto accident lawyer can determine whether pursuing legal action after car crashes is worth your while.
- An auto accident lawyer can cut through the red tape following car crashes. Those injured in car crashes are hardly in the physical condition or frame of mind to work their way through the insurance company’s reams of paperwork.
- An auto accident lawyer has access to the variety of technical experts able to investigate car crashes. Though those who have been injured in car crashes may be able to explain the events, the case likely will require the technical expertise of chiropractors, auto body specialists and forensics specialists to piece together a case that can win.
- An auto accident lawyer will have other similar car crashes and outcomes to compare to yours. Based on what he or she already knows about other car crashes and their outcomes in court, the insurance company’s lawyers and the judge assigned to the case, your auto accident lawyer can counsel you on whether you should settle or hold out for a more appropriate offer. An auto accident lawyer also can determine whether you would benefit from alternative dispute resolution.
A chiropractor’s skills lie primarily in techniques related to the spine. A person in a car accident may experience one or all of the following symptoms stemming from spinal injury or bruising:
- Lower and / or Upper Back Pain
- Neck Pain / Whiplash
- Pinched Nerves
- Slipped Disc
- Shoulder and / or Arm Pain
A chiropractor will suggest a schedule of treatment to help heal the injuries. If an injured person requires medical attention the chiropractor will refer the patient to a medical physician. Chiropractic care is a very important part of the healing process, especially for the injured in car accidents.
The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an auto accident lawyer for advice regarding your individual situation.